Friday, November 21, 2008

More than you may want to know...

So I checked everyone else's blog to see if anyone that Kierstyn tagged had posted...but they hadn't. AND I will preface this with this: The only reason I am doing this now is because I am trying to stay awake until my super husband to get home from fighting crime! AND if he were home right now, I definitely would be sleeping...but these days I have a slight case of insomnia (nothing diagnosed or anything like that) but I do need a swift kick in the behind to make me go to bed most nights! I will regret it in the morning. AND Kierstyn was right...I needed something to post about.

Everything you might want to know about my husband...at least what he might be OK with me sharing:

1. Where did you meet? In my suite-mate's boyfriend's dorm room waiting to go out during Parent's Weekend...then at the Dixie Chicken. He was in the Corps of Cadets at A&M and he was a freshman. JB was a sophmore so he was mean to all my friends...needless to say it didn't matter what he said to me that night...there was NO way I was ever dating him.

2. How long did you date? Before we got engaged, almost three years and the engaged ten months.

3. How long have you been married? 7 years this past November.

4. What does he say that surprises you? Not much..but he does say quite a bit that makes me laugh.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? Smile.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? Sense of humor...even though he says he married the only woman that doesn't think he is funny.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? I say no but I'm sure he could come up with a few.

8. What is his favorite color? Green

9. What is his favorite food? Yoda mush, it reminds him of his childhood. (Can you guess what that is?) It's not really his absolute favorite because he likes so many things the list would go on forever.

10. What is his favorite sport? I guess football even though I can't stand watching it with him because he is the WORST about coaching from the couch. He would say his favorite was any sport in which you used a gun.

11. When and where did you first kiss? In the breezeway outside my dorm...isn't that romantic? It definitely wasn't a jaw dropping, heart stopping moment and he would tell you the same...like I said earlier, this was still during the time that he was trying to make up for being mean to all my friends...I know it was his job (you have to know the corps to understand) but there was still lots of sucking up to do to win me over.

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go see a movie...well at least that used to be but now I always fall asleep during them so now we like to sit on the couch after the kids go to bed and watch our shows we have recorded. Then we complain the next day when we are tired because we stayed up to late.

13. Do you have any children? Two. Piper, 4 and William, 18 months.

14. Does he have a hidden talent? If I told you, it wouldn't be a hidden talent now would it?

15. How old is he? 30.

16. Who said "I love you" first? I actually said "I love you " first but he said "I think I'm falling in love with you" one night on the phone and then hung up before I could say anything...it didn't matter because I was speechless.

17. What is his favorite type of music? Anything and Everything...you might be surprised to what is on his iPod.

18. What do you most admire about him? Of course all of his wonderful husbandly characteristics but also that he is a true friend to his buddies.

19. Do you think he will read this? If he does, I'm sure I will here about it.

20. Where did you go on your first date? Ummm...I think we went to see a movie, play put put golf and dinner...can't remember the movie or where we ate. I know that is awful but I the couple of dates after that were much more entertaining.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the insight...of course, I knew most of it. You are too cute!

Kierstyn said...

Yay for being the first to post! Sorry you were up late waiting on your super crime fighting hubby. :-) And sorry you missed him on the news... the cutest cop I know!

#11 Made me laugh out loud! Curtis and I say that our first kiss was everything a first kiss should be, the our second kiss sucked! Big time! I was a little worried. :-) Obviously, we worked through that second kiss.

Hannah D A said...

Hey Erin, it was fun reading your post/tag. . .I finally responded too.

Anonymous said...

hey, Thanks for tagging me!!! Is "Yoda Mush" Split Pea Soup???
Cause that is green and mushy.

Christi said...

Cute post. I understand the whole "corps" thing. I was lucky that Michael was a senior and my friends under him were freshman. He could be somewhat cool to my really good friend in his outfit. That made it easier. ;-) Our first kiss wasn't real romantic either. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Nope...sorry Jamison...but he likes split pea soup. Yuck!

It is chocolate ice cream and milk mixed to mush...I'm sure it got named Yoda Mush because he and his brother were totally into Star Wars.